Senior Bunker Trader
• As a Bunker Trader you will be stationed either in the home or host country and operate company’s representative office as a separate P/L
• You are expected to have an existing client base where you sell based on personal relationships and ensure continued patronage from both customers and local suppliers
• Have a sound understanding of the International Bunker business (Ports / Suppliers / Owners / Charterers / Regulations)
• Developing new business is a key role of the Bunker Trader and so you will be someone who has a keen interest in the Marine industry and is able to carry out analysis and monitor demands around the world
• You must continually research the market and look for new opportunities to expand the business
• You will regard cold canvassing as a part of your working day, be a goal oriented individual
• In addition we are looking for a team player with strong ambition and self-drive
• Daily duties will include active brokering / trading on behalf of clients ensuring optimumrates that benefit both the company and the client
• You will be required to prepare and process quotations, sales enquiries, salesconfirmation and prepare contracts
• As a Bunker Trading you will also be required to monitor customers’ payments andensure late payments are chased
• In the event of any disagreements or claims, the Bunker Trader is required to manageany claims arising and assist with legal actions involving customers or suppliers
• As a Bunker Trader you may have to work outside of normal working hours and so adegree of flexibility is an advantage
• You will be managing your own P/L
• You will be required to have been educated to a high standard and hold a degree qualification or equivalent in Shipping
• You are required to have had previous experience in a Bunker Trader position with an International Bunker Trading Company or a Physical Supplied
• As a Bunker Trader you will need to be organised and capable of maintaining CRM (customer relationship management) systems and good general administrative skills
• You must be outgoing and have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• You must be able to present information to clients in a concise manner and have a goodsales technique
• A Bunker Trader is required to negotiate rates with suppliers and so you must havestrong negotiation skills and a good understanding of the shipping industry
• You must be able to work as part of a team and be able to support other team membersas and when required
• At ease with working in a multicultural environment and ability to interact effectivelywith individuals of all level in the organization.
• Professional presence and absolute integrity
• A Bunker Trader must be familiar with standard industry computer programs egMicrosoft Word, Excel, etcRemuneration will commensurate with qualifications and experience. An exciting incentive structure awaits.
Senior Technology Officer
• As a member of the Executive Management Team, advise and guide on more effective, simpler, and faster means to accomplish the organization’s mission implementing technology
• Communicate a technology vision informed by the organization’s strategic goals.
• Sharing technological visions, opportunities, and risks company-wide
• Studying current and new industry trends, technologies, and software development
• Studying information processing systems to evaluate effectiveness and make recommendations for improvement
• Initiate strategies to address the organization’s technology needs to meet business demands
• Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
• Monitoring, maintaining and running regular checks on computer systems, network and data security
• Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and systems
• Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organization
• Conducting regular system audits
• Running and sharing regular operation system reports with senior staff
• Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages
• Managing and reporting on allocation of IT budget
• Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
• Providing technical support across the company (this may be in person or over the phone)
• Maintain assets, information security and control structure
• Designing training programs and workshops for staff
• Minimum Diploma in IT-related qualifications
• Advanced knowledge of information, communication, cybersecurity, mobile, Voice, Cloud and Application Development technologies
• Successful track record in design of hardware and software solutions to meet the current and future needs of a complex organization
• At least 3 years of related experience
• Good communication skills, ability to work as a team and work well under pressure
- As an Oil Trader you will be stationed either in the home or host country and operate under company’s representative office.
- You are expected to have good knowledge and trade experiences in the African Continent where you sell based on personal relationships and ensure continued patronage from both customers and local suppliers
- Track down market movements in the company and make quick decisions whether to purchase or sell
- Developing new business is a key role of the Oil Trader and so you will be someone who has a keen interest in the industry and is able to carry out analysis and monitor demands and supply in the respective regions.
- You must continually research the market and look for new opportunities to expand the business
- Understanding of paper hedging and having banking relationships are a benefit here.
- You will regard cold canvassing as a part of your working day, be a goal oriented individual
- In addition, we are looking for a team player with strong ambition and self-drive
- Daily duties will include active trading on behalf of clients ensuring optimum rates that benefit both the company and the client
- You will be required to prepare and process quotations, sales enquiries, sales confirmation and prepare contracts
- As an Oil Trader you will also be required to monitor customers’ payments and ensure late payments are chased
- In the event of any disagreements or claims, the Oil Trader is required to manage any claims arising and assist with legal actions involving customers or suppliers
- As an Oil Trader you may have to work outside of normal working hours and so a degree of flexibility is an advantage
- You will be managing your own P/L
- You are required to have had previous minimum 3-5 years’ experience in an Oil Trading position with an International Cargo Trading Company. Good understanding of the various oil products like fuel oil, gasoil, naphtha, gasoline, base oil and petrochemicals would be a benefit here.
- As an Oil Trader you will need to be organised and capable of maintaining CRM (customer relationship management) systems
- You must be outgoing and have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- You must be able to present information to clients in a concise manner and have a good sales technique
- An Oil Trader is required to negotiate rates with suppliers and so you must have strong negotiation skills and a good understanding of the business
- You must be able to work as part of a team and be able to support other team members as and when required
- At ease with working in a multicultural environment and ability to interact effectively with individuals of all level in the organization.
- Professional presence and absolute integrity.
Our organization is made up of a dynamic team where everyone helps each other to reach the end goal. The most aggressive bonus program in the industry, recognizing and rewarding hard work and performance awaits for the potential candidate.
Marine Legal Counsel
• Providing legal advisory support to a growing international bunker trading company
• Provide legal / compliance support to other support functions including IT, HR, Finance and Marketing
• Provide transaction-specific compliance support as needed
• You will be involved in the drafting legal contracts and documents
• Being able to build and sustain relationship locally as well as internationally
• Carry out such other adhoc tasks as required by Management
• A Degree level qualification and preferable with previous experience of working as a Shipping or Maritime Lawyer.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Have good leadership and evaluation skills as well as being able to demonstrate problem solving techniques.
• A broad experience of shipping litigation, ship arrests and cargo claims are highly desirable.
• Being able to work independently under pressure and with a high sense of quality
Energy Analyst (Graduate/Fresher)
Job Description/Requirement by Rakesh
Salary: SGD2 – 2500/- per month
Being an Energy Analyst at Sing Fuels entails much more than just locating, gathering, and analyzing energy data in a proficient and timely manner. Analyst is expected to learn the mechanics of the energy market, understand and quantify the trends impacting the industry, and communicate effectively with our traders and Suppliers to tie our Pricing model and supply management.
Energy Analyst shall typically manage or materially support one of Sing fuels products – Oil, in addition to providing support for bespoke consulting projects. You will procure data from our own traders and Suppliers every working day, analyze large data sets, research market changes, and feed to Pricing model and internal inquiries. The knowledge base of our team grows from collaboration and shared experience, so regular, reliable attendance, a proactive nature and willingness to learn from others is a must. You will need to work both independently and as part of a team under time pressure to meet deadlines with rigorous, timely analysis. The diversity of our team is a key differentiator for Sing fuels, so effective professional communication and maintaining healthy working relationships with co-workers as individual and team priorities shift is essential. Our firm finds success when our clients are successful, so learning how our data and analysis is used by our clients is critical. The right candidate will be comfortable with customer service in addition to all of the technical skills necessary to develop sound fundamentally analysis.
- Basic mathematical and statistical analysis experience
- Ability to think critically in a high-pressured environment
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Attention to detail
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups
- A “client-first” mentality
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, working independently and as part of a team
- Experience working with large datasets
- Python, SQL and advanced excel experience
- Modeling experience
- Proactive nature, willingness to learn, and taking ownership of tasks
- Financial or economic knowledge/experience a plus
- Proficient writing skills
- Coding experience a plus
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Petroleum Engineering, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, Business, or related field of study.
0-3 years of previous experience in an energy related field
Marketing Executive – Customer Oriented (Freshee/Graduate)
Salary: SGD2 – 2500/- per month
- Be aware of global oil fluctuations and market movements, as well as keeping updated with knowledge on the shipping/bunkering industry
- Develop and implement marketing activities targeted at winning new customers and expanding existing customer relationships
- Prospect for new customers, conducting direct research and analysis of markets and customers to identify opportunities
- Develop effective marketing materials to promote service and value proposition to new and existing customers
- Manage customer portfolio while monitoring the traders’ negotiating and executing sales transactions from start to finish– from quoting, negotiating, confirming, delivery, and post-delivery service and support
- Closely follow the companies group policies and procedures
- Strong quantitative skills
- Resourceful, goal oriented with an ability to multi-task, with a sharp attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills and ease working in multi-cultural environments
- Excellent English language communications skills (oral and written)
- Knowledge of a third language would be an added advantage
- Astute sense of sales acumen and results oriented
- Undergraduate degree in a discipline complimentary with the demands of a global trading business
- Work experience in bunkering industry
- Knowledge of the oil market and marine fuel pricing strategies, and knowledge of the maritime shipping industry